* 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
* 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, boiled
* 1/2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
* Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
* Line a 9 inch pie dish with pastry.
* Blanch frozen mixed vegetables for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
* Dice chicken and place in a large bowl. Add vegetables, thyme, celery soup and potato soup. Stir together.
* Pour filling into pastry lined pie dish. Arrange top layer of pie crust, seal and flute the edges. Cut slits in the top of the crust to allow for steam to escape.
* Place pie on cookie sheet. Put aluminum foil around pie crust edges. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven & let stand for 5 minutes and then serve.
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Saturday, October 20, 2007
* 2 ounces dried chanterelle mushrooms
* 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
* 1 teaspoon truffle oil (optional)
* 1 chopped onion
* 2 shallots, minced
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 3 ounces sliced fresh button mushrooms
* 1 (12 ounce) package Arborio rice
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
* 1 quart hot chicken stock
* 2 tablespoons heavy cream
* 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, or to taste
* ground black pepper to taste
* Cover chanterelle mushrooms with hot water, cover, and set aside to soften for 30 mins. Once soft, remove the mushrooms from the water and chop; discard water.
* Melt butter along with truffle oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, shallot, and garlic; cook and stir two minutes until the onion begins to soften. Add the fresh mushrooms, and continue cooking until the mushroom softens and begins to release its liquid. Stir in the chopped chanterelle mushrooms, and cook 3 mins more.
* Add Arborio rice; cook and stir for a few minutes until the rice is well coated with the onion mixture and looks glossy. Stir in the white wine, and cook until nearly evaporated.
* Reduce heat to medium, and add 1/3 of the hot chicken stock. Cook & stir until the chicken stock has been mostly absorbed, about 5 minutes. The risotto should be simmering gently while you stir in the chicken stock. Add half of the remaining stock, and stir for 5 minutes more. Finally add the remaining stock, and continue cooking until the risotto is creamy and the rice is tender, about 5 minutes more. The rice should not be completely soft, but still have a little firmness when you bite into it. You can add a little water if needed to cook the rice to this state.
* Remove risotto from the heat, & stir in the heavy cream & Gorgonzola cheese. Season to taste with salt & pepper, & serve.
Monday, October 15, 2007
* 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
* 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1 (5 ounce) jar stuffed green olives, sliced
* 2 1/2 tablespoons bacon bits
* 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 1 (16 ounce) bottle ranch-style salad dressing
* 1/2 cup chopped green onions
* 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
* 16 ounces of pasta
* Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta & cook for 8 to 10 mins or until al dente; drain & reserve.
* In a large bowl, combine black olives, green olives, Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, bacon bits, dressing, onion, ground black pepper & pasta; mix well.
* Cover bowl, refrigerate to chill for 1 hour, and serve.
Monday, October 08, 2007
* 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
* 2 pounds lean ground beef
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 1 1/2 cups chopped sweet onion
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 3 large cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
* 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
* Preheat an outdoor grill on high heat.
* In a bowl, mix beef, onion, egg, evaporated milk, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, curry powder & steak seasoning.
* Form the mixture into 8 patties.
* Grill patties over indirect heat for about 5 mins on each side, or until done.
Thursday, October 04, 2007
* 15 oz bread crumbs
* 2 pounds lean ground beef
* 4 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
* 3 tbsp seasoning salt
* 4-5 eggs
* 3 tbsp salt (garlic)
* Preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
* In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, tomato paste, eggs, garlic salt & seasoning salt. Mix well. Shape into a loaf & place in 9x5 inch loaf pan.
* Bake in preheated oven 1 hour (Ensure it is not pink).
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
* 3 cloves chopped garlic
* 1/2 cup diced red onion
* salt to taste
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
* 6 crimini mushrooms, chopped
* 4 small mixed sweet peppers, julienned
* 1 cup butter
* 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
* 4 leaves chopped basil
* 1 (16 ounce) package potato gnocchi
* Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
* Drain the gnocchi and store in pot.
* Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
* Add garlic to skillet and cook for 2 mins.
* Mix in the chopped onions and season with salt; cook until onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
* Stir in the mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes & basil.
* Cook for another 5 minutes. Stir the butter in to melt.
* Pour the balsamic vinegar into the skillet, stir, reduce heat, and simmer the sauce for 15 to 20 mins.
* Toss the cooked gnocchi with the sauce.