1 lb lean ground beef or ground chicken
1 medium peeled onion
1 medium peeled potato
1/2-1 cup breadcrumbs or 2-3 slices bread, cut or torn into small pieces (may need more or less)
salt and pepper
1. Grate potato and then onion in a large bowl.
2. Add 1 of the eggs and mix with spoon or hands.
3. Add the beef (or chicken) and the other egg, mix until well blended.
4. Add the breadcrumbs until the mixture sticks together but is not too dry.
5. Add salt and pepper.
6. Shape mixture into 4 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
7. You can bbq, fry or broil the burgers for 10-15 mins.
Tuesday, January 08, 2008